27 June 2018

Earth and Fire


Long time no blog (again!) 

It’s been super busy over here and continue to be. But before moving on to the next show prep, I would like to share some images from Earth and Fire, an international ceramic fair held at the Harley Gallery, Welbeck, last weekend. 

Original Earth and Fire used to be held at Rufford for many years, to which I always enjoyed visiting. This was their second year to be held at this new venue and this time I was at the other side of the show, an exhibitor! 

Having been a big fan of this show, you can imagine how delighted I was when I was selected among over 100 established potters in UK and beyond.


Thank you so much for those who popped by my stand and purchased work. Your support means the world to me and helps me do what I love, so really appreciate. I had a lovely couple who have purchased a whole dinner set! I was totally blown away! 

flowers from my garden and some foraged in the field
popular 'rakugaki' mugs flown to many happy homes
it was a scorcher! 
As always, I have learnt a lot by observing other’s stand and listening to their experience and advice. Always learning something, from display idea and setting price to variation of work and wrapping mechanism. Even camping tips! Event like this is a great opportunity to speak to fellow potters for that reasons. But most of all, meeting them and talking endlessly about life is the best bit of the show. Potter’s community is such a wonderful thing. I am so happy that I am now part of it.  

m x 

No comments:

Post a Comment