25 September 2012

Mercer is Open

Mercer Gallery, the largest gallery in Harrogate and run by the council, provides the local artists an fantastic opportunity to exhibit their work every summer. This ‘Harrogate Open’ exhibition showcases around 200 selected art work from huge numbers of entries. 

I have applied for the first time this year, with 2 pieces of my porcelain lily pad and mazekoze screen print. I was well chuffed when I heard all of my entries were selected. 

Photography was not allowed so unfortunately I haven’t got any images from the private view. (above is one of my entries) The exhibition is open till 20th January 2013. If you are coming close to Harrogate, please do pop over. Direction to Mercer is here (although its council run gallery, their website does not show it, which is rather strange… so found this instead!) 

Another good news about this lilypad. I only found out this week that one of my favourite blog “A plate a day” has shortlisted my work here! Well chuffed again! 

More exhibition is coming up on the weekend, so will keep you posted. xm 

4 comments: